Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Getting Acquainted and “Working Meetings”

"David, do you charge for additional meetings?"

The answer to this question is "yes and no."

Even if they are not “officiant shopping,” many couples feel that they want to at least meet the person officiating their wedding before the ceremony, and I’m happy to make myself available to meet with folks free of charge as a means to get acquainted. I typically host these meetings at my home in Arlington free of charge.

Slightly different are “working meetings” at which the client couple and I have a chance to meet personally and actually work on, or discuss the detailed language and choreography of the wedding ceremony. The fee for a "working meeting" is $50, but the meetings themselves are entirely optional.

David Barrett, Esq.
Massachusetts Justice of the Peace
David@BarrettLawOffices.com
Toll Free - 1-877-473-7852
www.MassJusticePeace.blogspot.com